GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
A) Working Hours: The working hours of the institute for students are 09:00 a.m. to 05.00 p.m. for five days a week.
B) Institute Regulations:
- Every Student must always carry his/her identity card and wear name plate which will be supplied by the Institute office.
- The concession in attendance as per the NCHMCT exam rules is the maximum and no request above the limit will be entertained.
- The Institute may take disciplinary action against a student whose conduct is not satisfactory and the fees paid will be forfeited.
- Physical and/or mental ragging of a junior or a fellow student, directly or indirectly, will be treated as a very serious offence and will be dealt with as per the NCHMCT rules and the law of the country.
- Smoking & Drinking is strictly prohibited in all areas of the Institute. If any student is found to be under the influence of any form of narcotics, he will be expelled from the institute.
- No student is allowed to go out of the institute premises during working hours. In case of any urgent work, the student can go out of the institute only during lunch break after making an entry in the in-out register available at the security gate. However, in case of emergency, a student can leave the institute premises after obtaining a gate pass approved from the competent authority.
- No student should communicate any information or write about matters dealing with Institute administration in the press or social media.
The Institute authorities cannot accept any liability in respect of any accident caused to a student while engaged in practical work or due to any other causes.
- Any change of address should be immediately notified for Institute’s records.
- Damaging and/or defacing of institute property will be treated as a serious offence. Apart from making good for the loss, erring student(s) may have to face serious disciplinary action including penalty.
- Student is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and hygienic conditions of the class rooms and the entire institute premises they use. Littering, Spitting, Writing or Sketching or Engraving on the tables, benches, walls etc. will be treated as a punishable act.
- Unwanted phone calls, sending the messages to the fellow student and/or to the faculty will be treated as very serious offence. Taking photograph of the fellow students or the faculty or the staff, without taking consent will invite stern discipline action against the offender.
- Use of mobile phones in the classroom is strictly prohibited. If the student is found to be using mobile inside the classroom, the same will be confiscated and the parent/ guardian will be informed.
- Matters not covered by the existing rules will rest at the absolute discretion of the institute.
C) Uniform:Hospitality Industry requires the employees to be well-groomed for creating lasting impression. To maintain the highest grooming standards, it is mandatory to wear the prescribed uniform.
D)Medical Facilities:To ensure that a student remains healthy all through his learning period a qualified doctor has been appointed to visit the institute during lunch hours on all working days and on call to the hostel as per requirement.
E) Attendance Rules & Regulations:A candidate must have attended not less than 70 percent of classes in any individual subject theory or practical taken separately during the session last attended and minimum of 75 per cent of the aggregate (effective teaching hours/ contact hours). Attendance in lectures, practical and tutorials shall be counted from the date of commencement as per academic calendar. When on account of bonafide illness (supported by a Medical Certification from a Registered Medical Practitioner produced by the candidate at the time of illness immediately thereafter) the total attendance of a candidate falls short up to a maximum of 10 per cent of the total working days, the Head of the Institution shall be competent to condone such deficiency in attendance and permit such a candidate of appearing for the examination if otherwise eligible.