(NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HOTEL MANAGEMENT AND CATERING TECHNOLOGY)
The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology is a Registered Society under Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Government of India. The Council centrally regulates academics for hospitality Management through structured courses of studies that are imparted at the Government sponsored 52 Institutes of Hotel Management and many Food Craft Institutes located in different parts of the country. All these Institutes uniformly follow standardized course curriculum prescribed by the Council for the eleven different professional programmes that are available. Quality of education provided through the Institutes helps one to emerge as professional of top order for the hospitality and service sector. The programme is scientifically designed and assures.
- Building solid foundation of knowledge.
- Confidence building.
- Personality Development.
- Pursuit of excellence and self-discipline.
- Enhancement of creativity through motivation and drive.
The Council has till date trained more than 22000 hospitality executives, chefs and operational personnel. Its alumni occupy key positions in hospitality sector and academic administration, both in India and abroad..
ABOUT THE DEGREE COURSE
The Bachelor of Science Programme in Hospitality Hotel Administration is offered by the National Council and the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The three year Programme equips trainees with the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the hospitality sector.
The Bachelor of Science Programme comprise in depth laboratory work for students to acquire the required knowledge and skill standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and House Keeping . It also imparts substantial managerial inputs in subjects such as Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management , Entrepreneurship Development , and other related subjects.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR HOSPITALITY GRADUATES
Global growth and development of tourism having opened up innumerable openings ,qualified students can look for bright career opportunities to get absorbed as:
- Management trainee in hotel and allied industry.
- Hospitality executive.
- Hospital and institutional catering manager/supervisor.
- Faculty in hotel management /food craft institutes.
- Cabin crew in national and international airlines.
- Catering officer in cruise lines/ships.
- Marketing/sales executive in hotel /multinational companies.
- Executive in call centers.
- Customer service executive in banking and insurance sector.
- Manager/supervisor in tourism development corporations.
- Entrepreneurship ventures.
- Food tech.